Thought Bubbles

A New Vaulting Season + A New Team!

This season I’ve been invited to join the vaulting team that is aiming to go to the Junior World Championships in the Netherlands in 2019! 🙂 The championships are like the Olympics of vaulting. I was surprised to be invited to the junior team because everyone is sooo good, and I’m struggling to do a forwards click…

Unlike ALL other horses, Tino likes to get sprayed in the face by the hose!

I’ve been vaulting for about a year now – I’ve learned SO much in this past year, and I’ve had lots of fun! Vaulting on Tino was a blast, even though he was very sassy sometimes. Trying new moves that weren’t “scary” according to Flavia (my coach) was exciting (even though it was scary)! And going on the canter for the first time with my friends at “camp” this summer was super cool!

Vaulting takes a lot of flexibility 😐 …

Doing a shoulderstand at Regionals in Grass Valley, CA!

My coach is very tough. If you don’t have super straight legs and pointed toes half the time she’ll make you do 20 sit ups and pushups.

This year I’ll have vaulting on mondays, gym class on tuesdays, team on wednesdays, and team on fridays + barrel work.

8 hours in total each week!

Tessa, Seanna, and I “running in” to individual freestyle!

Thank you to everyone who’s supported me and/or sat through hot competitions just to see me vault for one minute. Thank you to my team for not getting super annoyed when I probably am driving you crazy;). Thank you Tino the perfect and opinionated trot horse, Flavia, my tough coach, and to Sarah the awesome luguer! I couldn’t have made it without all of you 🙂 !

Next Post

Previous Post

2 Comments

1. natalie dente August 20, 2017

Hi Anna. I think you are going to be very busy for the next year. Good luck and keep being enthusiastic. This will be a real challenge. I am sure you are up to it. I know you have the will and the talent to be a great performer. Love Grandma N

2. Aunt Debbie August 21, 2017

Hi Anna,
    Super Cool!! Jr. World Championships sounds exciting!! And what an honor to be invited to join this team. It was so much fun to see all your hard work paying off at the Grass Valley competition. I especially admire your backward, forward somersault and shoulder stand. Even in my younger days I couldn’t have done that 🙂
    Looking forward to watching in the Netherlands!
    xo Aunt D
    p.s. Tino ROCKS!!