Thought Bubbles

Being 11 – A Reflection

Four days ago, I turned 12 years old, and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for this year. But, before I move on, I have to reflect on last year’s highlights! Like all years, there were ups and downs but, I want to focus on the exciting and fun parts of last year.

Here were some of the most memorable highlights:

• Vaulting
  • Jumping Oliver
  • Fostering Little Man

Last year I started vaulting at the trot with Tino. I learned so much and had lots of fun with my friends at Woodside Vaulters. But this season, I joined the “Junior Team” who’s training to go to the Junior World Championships in 2 years! I have made LOTS OF PROGRESS since a year ago. Now, I’m practicing handstand-like things on someone who’s kneeling (at the walk for now), instead of  hauling someone up at the trot.

After we got Oli last year, there had been ups and downs while riding him. Every time we would make progress by staying  calm and not running out of the arena while trying to ride, a few months later he would be naughty again. But since this past spring, we have been on a roll – no naughtiness or running out of the arena! This summer, I had lots of fun jumping over hay bales on the polo field and doing courses in the jump arena! I always think how lucky I am to have a horsey who, even when he’s naughty, will never do it to spite me or to get of work because he hates it or doesn’t want to do it (for no reason). Oli is a well-intentioned horse who sometimes  gets a little over excited, but we’re making LOTS of progress and he is super sweet –  that’s what counts!

We fostered Little Man (our 32nd foster dog) for 8 months, and each day I felt grateful to wake up to his cute little face and exuberant energy. I had so much fun watching him become a confident little dog. He was the most scruffy and smelly little chihuahua on the first day we got him. I loved  watching him play ball with Daphne (who doesn’t love other dogs), get Bree to tug a sock (which she would never otherwise do), and snuggle

Him at his new home relaxing in the sun!

with Cali. Cali and Little Man came up with some crazy ideas together ;).  I’ve missed him so much everyday since he got adopted. But, I’m glad he has a

forever family now with 2 cats, a dog, a guinea pig, and 4 humans who love him!

I have had so many good times and got to be around so many loving animals last year, and I’m so thankful for that. But, before I end this post, I have one more big announcement to make…

AFTER 8 MONTHS OF WAITING, PAWFECT ENDINGS ANIMAL RESCUE CAN NOW START COLLECTING DONATIONS TO BECOME A WORKING NON-PROFIT RESCUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This past summer was crazy busy, but now we can work on starting  our animal rescue again, finish the website + forms, collect donations, and START SAVING DOGS!

I’m so excited for what this upcoming year will bring!

– 💗Anna Calia 💗

pictures:

Next Post

Previous Post

5 Comments

1. Debbie November 3, 2017

Happy Birthday Anna! You certainly had a busy and exciting year!! I am really looking forward to reading (and seeing) all the awesome adventures this year has in store.
    xo Aunt D

2. Kurt November 5, 2017

Anna

This is such a beautiful post and I am inexpressibly proud of you. I can’t wait to see what your 13th year brings!

Love,
    Dad

3. Isabella November 5, 2017

Happy Birthday Anna!
    I can’t believe it, 12 YEARS OLD????
    I’ve been so lucky to get to see you grow and explore these last years and watch you become such a loving,caring, and compassionate young lady. I am forever grateful to know you and the rest of your Awesa-Awesa-Awsome family. Congrats on all you have accomplished and I can’t wait to see what else you do.

Lots of Love,
    Isabella

4. Donna November 5, 2017

Happy birthday Anna!! I think it’s great to have these reflections. So often we just plow ahead and forget to take time to enjoy our memories. Does that make sense? Here’s to a great 11th year!

5. natalie dente November 6, 2017

Hi Anna, that was a great piece, so many wonderful memories in one year, how lucky can you be. I hope the coming year finds many more happy times. the pictures were really reflective and i could feel you in all of them, love you Grandma Natalie