Thought Bubbles

Interview with Isabella!

Hi everyone!

This post showcases an interview I had with Isabella (my AWESOME cousin). We had lots lots of fun taking pictures and singing songs! The text in this font is what I said, and in this font is what Isabella said.

enjoy!

When I visited you in April, we spent a lot of time hanging out with the animals, and I know you’ve gotten more since then so…

How many animals do you have?

So I have a total of 25,040. 25,000 of them are the bees – the other 40 animals are chickens goats  and dogs.

With all those animals, it seems it would be a lot of work – so what does taking care of the chickens and bees entail?

I feed the chickens give them water. I am considered a mother hen at my house so I do most of the chicken work. Which means cleaning the coop, collecting eggs, and “chicken check ups”. We get brown and green and blue colored eggs and pinkish ones too! Then I just check on the chickens and make sure they’re all okay.

So the bees are a little more complicated than the other animals. My mom and I have to walk to the colonies to check on them. The main thing we do is fill up their sugar water which is their food because around this time of the Season – July the pollen sources drop off so there’s no pollen and nectar sources around. Then we go through the the frames to look at them, check for honey, and look for the queen to make sure she’s okay. We also check that they don’t need more room because if they do they will swarm, which means they will be too congested and bees fly away and find a new home with the queen and old worker bees.

I know you practice Judo, but there’s so many other sports – why did you choose this one?

Judo fits someone like me. Judo was a martial art created in Japan for people with short stature (which is someone like me). Judo is not punches and kicks –  It’s about pins and throws. I am an orange belt.    iiiiiiiiiiiii  iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii                                                

You told me about being an apprentice at the food Market in Baltimore, Maryland, and all the jobs that you do there, but which one is your favorite?

I really enjoyed being a waitress at the Food Market because I love interacting with people and it’s funny seeing their faces when they find out I’m there waitress since I’m so young. I really enjoyed also being prep and everyone there is so nice and I loved it! I hope to work there when I’m 14 and can get work permit. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

You’re CLEARLY love hamilton – but what makes you like it so much so much?

The songs get really stuck in your head! Both musicals and history is something that I started to learn about and really like. The creator Lin-Manuel Miranda is really impressive and is an idol to me. I also really enjoy it all the original cast and it’s just really good and impressive. 

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I’ve seen all your Harry Potter items and parties so, which character do you most connect with?

I connect the most is with Hermione Granger. She is an idol to me. Hermione is strong, smart, and you can see that in a bunch of different ways. In one way, she’s the smartest in their class. She is smarter than most of the boys in her classes. Also, she is very proactive. Hermione was prepared when she, Harry and Ron were looking for horcruxes. She is also kind and compassionate. I imagined myself just as strong and as smart and kind. I feel like I really am very similar to her, and she’s really cool.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

more pictures!

Next Post

Previous Post

14 Comments

1. Isabella July 8, 2017

Thanks so much for featuring me on your blog!!!

2. emilio July 8, 2017

witch character does Isabella connect with in hamilton

3. Aunt Lauren July 8, 2017

You left out the worms!!! What about the worms?

4. Uncle Angelo July 8, 2017

Good interview Anna! I wasn’t aware that Isabella liked Hamilton — isn’t that some character in Ranger’s Apprentice? It’s also the name of a neighborhood in Baltimore City, but that seems kinda weird to be passionate about. But isn’t Hamilton shorthand for “Hamil Town”? If so, where’s Hamil? It must be just south of “Washing”!

Or maybe Hamil is kind of like a meatier lentil? I know Isabella likes lentil soup, but i’m really can’t say if she’d like hamil soup. that would make sense to me.

5. donna July 10, 2017

Hi Anna,

Thank you for this interview. Sometimes when we all get together we don’t always have time to catch up individually. I know more about Isabella now, and that makes me really happy. I also love the multimedia approach to this post. It’s so nice to hear Isabella’s voice! And, the pictures are beautiful as usual.

6. Marco July 11, 2017

Great photography, Anna! I also love the idea of the Hamilton song.

7. Kathryn July 11, 2017

Great job on this post, Anna! I know that was a ton of work, but all of your edits and the media you chose make it look (and sound!) so great. It’s a wonderful portrait of Isabella. I had so much fun working with all of you last week!

And I love the idea that Hamil is a meatier lentil… XD

Well done!
    Kathryn

8. natalie dente July 11, 2017

Hi Anna, what a great interview. I learned so much about your cousin. She has a very full life. and enjoys it so.. The bee keeping was interesting and so was taking care of the chickens. My life seems dull in comparison. Thanks for sharing.. love Grandma N

9. Kurt July 12, 2017

This is beautifully done – two strong, independent, and thoughtful girls. I couldn’t be prouder of you both.

10. Kate July 17, 2017

She sounds like an awesome person!! Would love to meet her and do some Hamilton chit-chat!!!

11. Aunt Debbie July 27, 2017

Super interview! It was really nice to get to know Isabella better. I’m really liked learning about the bees. Super cool! So animals are coming next on the farm? Horses would be great! Just sayin’
    xo Aunt D

12. nico July 27, 2017

I like Hamilton too! I like dogs and other animals of all types.

13. julia July 27, 2017

I like people with pillows and the trampoline! I like goats too!